OMT Dry Needling Course
OMT Dry Needling will introduce the participants to the theoretical and practical principals of using Dry Needling techniques within a clinical setting for the treatment of a number of musculoskeletal conditions. The 3-day course will look at the most effective techniques used within a clinical setting, giving the students a sound background of knowledge and skill to fully use OMT Dry Needling techniques within their own practice. This course is fully insured and accredited been and students who participate will be able to gain insurance to use Dry Needling techniques within their own practice.
This bespoke training course has been delivered and taught to therapists worldwide, with the OMT team, training prestigious organisations such as the medical teams at Liverpool FC and Manchester City FC, Arsenal FC, Southampton FC, Crystal palace FC, NBA Memphis Grizzlies in America. This course is aimed at therapists, such as Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Sports Therapists we aim to take your skills up to the next level with this challenging and highly rewarding technique classes.
This OMT Training CPD Course is designed to introduce participants to the use of Dry Needling for the purpose of muscular pain relief. This course is not designed to treat pathological conditions as taught to TCM Acupuncturists.
This Course will give students the following:
- Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Dry Needling
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture will be referenced by the lecturer, but these will not be taught in depth
- OMT Dry Needling will offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of Dry Needling techniques
- Discuss current research for the use of Dry Needling
- Relate the use of Dry Needling to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions
- Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use Dry Needling techniques
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a consolidation of existing knowledge Dry Needling
- Demonstrate a consolidation of existing knowledge and performance in the use of Dry Needling for MSK conditions
- Course Content
This 3-day weekend workshop in dry needling will cover/review the following materials:
- Anatomy and Physiology refreshed
- Benefits of Dry Needling
- Clinical decision making, and evidence informed medicine related to the use of Dry Needling
- Safety (patient screening), patient comfort and positioning for effective techniques, current research
- Cervical Spine
- Thoracic Spine
- Lumbar / SIJ / Pelvis
- Upper and lower extremities
The course is suitable for the following professions
- Physical Therapists
- Sports Therapists
- And other healthcare providers (please contact for eligibility)
OMT Training has been developed to allow access to high quality training to all in the manual therapy industry. We hope that you find all of our courses interesting, informative and above all lots and fun to do. We all feel that learning has to be fun. Rest assured, after the fun you will leave us having added a new skill that you can apply in a very safe and logical manner to all of your patients.
Jimmy has 10 years’ experience teaching in the health and fitness industry. He initially graduated with a BSc Sports & Exercise Science and also completed the BTEC sports and remedial massage diploma at the London School of Sports Massage. He is now a fully qualified and registered Osteopath and prides himself on transferring the knowledge gained from various sectors onto others.
Giles has worked within health and fitness for over 10 years; having started off with qualifications in personal training, strength and conditioning, he progressed into medical acupuncture and then completed a 5-year degree in Osteopathy with the College of Osteopaths. Giles graduated with awards in clinical distinction and special achievement, as a strong structural osteopath he combines rehabilitation exercises and multiple techniques within his treatments and has worked with patients from office workers to international athletes.
|Event End Date||09-09-2018|
|Registration Start Date||04-12-2017|
|Cut off date||06-09-2018|