Advanced Spinal & Peripheral Manipulation
OMT Advanced Spinal Manipulation will introduce the participants to the theoretical and practical principals of using advanced manipulative techniques within a clinical setting for the treatment of a number of musculoskeletal conditions. The 2-day course will look at the most effective manipulative techniques used within a clinical setting, giving the students a sound background of knowledge and skill to fully use OMT Spinal Manipulation techniques within their own practice. This course is fully insured and accredited been and students who participate will be able to gain insurance to use manipulative techniques within their own practice.
The course has been tailored to meet the needs of participants in addressing frequently encountered problems with the safe and effective delivery of specific HVT thrust techniques, it looks to build your existing knowledge within HVT spinal manipulation and developing and refining your current skill base. All techniques will be taught with an emphasis on final minor adjustments using minimal force and short and long lever techniques. This bespoke training course has been delivered and taught to therapists worldwide, with the OMT team, training prestigious organisations such as the medical teams at Liverpool FC and Manchester City FC. OMT Advanced Spinal Manipulation is aimed at therapists with previous experience and relevant qualifications within manipulative therapies, such as Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Sports Therapists we aim to take your skills up to the next level with this challenging and highly rewarding technique classes.
Upon completion of Advanced Spinal Manipulation, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a consolidation of existing knowledge and performance in pre-thrust spinal positioning for HVT thrust techniques
- Demonstrate a consolidation of existing knowledge and performance in the use of HVT thrust techniques for the spine, thorax, pelvis and peripheral manipulation techniques
- Describe and demonstrate minimal leverage, long and short lever techniques
This 2-day weekend workshop in advanced manipulative techniques will cover/review the following materials:
- Anatomy and Physiology refreshed
- Benefits of HVT thrust techniques versus non-thrust techniques
- Clinical decision making and evidence informed medicine related to the use of HVT thrust techniques
- Identification of difficulties experienced in the application of HVT thrust techniques by participants
- Common problems, mistakes and issues within locking a joint, applying HVT to joints
- Cervical artery dissection (VBI) and upper cervical spine instability reviewed within best practice
- Safety (patient screening), patient comfort and positioning for effective techniques, current research, appropriate clinical testing pre-manipulation
- Techniques (Grade V) shown but not limited to:
o Cervical Spine – OA & AA, C2-C7
o Sacro Iliac Joint – SIJ
o Gleno - Humeral Joint - G/H
The course is suitable for the following professions, provided that they have basic certification and/or experience in manipulation:
- Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
- Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
- Physical Therapists / Student Physical Therapists
- Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
- Chiropractors / Student Chiropractors
- Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
- And other healthcare providers (please contact for eligibility).
OMT Training has been developed to allow access to high quality training to all in the manual therapy industry. We hope that you find all of our courses interesting, informative and above all lots and fun to do. We all feel that learning has to be fun. Rest assured, after the fun you will leave us having added a new skill that you can apply in a very safe and logical manner to all of your patients.
Jimmy has 10 years’ experience teaching in the health and fitness industry. He initially graduated with a BSc Sports & Exercise Science and also completed the BTEC sports and remedial massage diploma at the London School of Sports Massage. He is now a fully qualified and registered Osteopath and prides himself on transferring the knowledge gained from various sectors onto others.
Giles has worked within health and fitness for over 10 years; having started off with qualifications in personal training, strength and conditioning, he progressed into medical acupuncture and then completed a 5-year degree in Osteopathy with the College of Osteopaths. Giles graduated with awards in clinical distinction and special achievement, as a strong structural osteopath he combines rehabilitation exercises and multiple techniques within his treatments and has worked with patients from office workers to international athletes.
|Event End Date||03-06-2018|
|Registration Start Date||04-12-2017|
|Cut off date||01-06-2018|